Sunday, May 22, 2011

Can Someone Relate?

So on Thursday night as I was straightening Randal's room  I opened up a box of brand new shoes...and GASP!  There were not two brand new shoes in the box (do what?, yeah...).  There was one brand new shoe and an old dirty shoe too.  Take a look...


So, I bet your thinking that the store somehow had a switch up, but no.  All the blame here can go to this mama writing this post.  Those are both Randal Jean's shoe.  The size 5 is her current size and the size 6 is what I bought for her to grow in to because I liked them to much.  So what does this mean...  1) I am totally out of the running for Mother of the Year 2) My kid has been running around in two different size shoes since Mother's Day (when we bought the size 6 pair).  All I can guess is that when I tried the size 6s on her in the store she got really antsy and I didn't manage to put both new shoes back in the box and put both old shoes back on her!!!!

So after this discovery I ran to find the white sandals that she has been wearing.  And it probably bears noting that one shoe was in my car and the other on the kitchen table.  The chaos that a toddler brings in to your life is REAL people! But oh so worth it!!!

So here is what my daughter has been wearing a few times a week since Mother's Day:


Sometimes you just have to laugh...and laughing at myself and this chaotic life with Randal Jean is exactly what I did Thursday night.

Despite the two different size shoes she has been sporting she has been running around as if she had on two of the same size shoes.  Here is a pic from this past weekend where you can see the difference in shoe sizes...


I really hope that out there somewhere there is a mama who can relate.  Also, let's find a positive here...she has been walking around in the same style shoe.  I get points for that, right?

2 comments:

  1. Keep laughing. This is the first of MANY similar situations, especially when there is more than one child in the mix. If it makes you feel any better, I put those shoes on her a few times last week and I never noticed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can certainly relate!....and if it makes you feel any better, her father went to pre-school a couple of times with his shoes on the wrong feet!!...and guess what?? They all survived just fine.....sort of.

    ReplyDelete