Tuesday, August 31, 2010

6 months!

I can't believe I am writing this post, but yes its true our sweet Randal Jean turned 6 months a week ago today!

She has turned in to such a little wiggle worm lately and wants to be on the move, but she really doesn't know how to get anywhere yet :) She sure does like to practice though and likes to stand and will rock back and forth in what is probably the early stage of crawling....note to self: childproof EVERYTHING ASAP!

She is such a great eater and will pretty much eat anything I give her. I am still making her food, with the exception of when we go out to eat because jarred food is simply easier on the go. So far she has tried apples, pears, prunes, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, peas, green beans, butternut squash, yellow squash, sweet potato, carrots, zucchini, nectarines, and avocado. She really doesn't have a favorite, but she does like sweet things so we do limit the fruit or hold it until after veggies. The one thing she was not too fond of was avocado...I don't think it was the taste but the texture, who knows!

So with all this eating she must have something to eat with, right?!?! WRONG! The child still has NO teeth! I feel like she has been teething forever but still no teeth. Since I am still nursing I am trying not to complain about this but I fear the longer we wait to see the first tooth the closer together they will be. This could be a good or bad thing.

Speaking of nursing, it has become a bit harder lately. No the time commitment, pumping at work, lovely nursing bras (ha!) haven't got to me, but Randal is just so much more interested in the world around her than nursing. Hopefully this will pass (fingers crossed) as she has gone through little spells of not nursing well before. With her decreased interest as of late I have started to scale down my goal of nursing for a full year. Now my goal is 7 months and if we make it there 8 and so on, but if she continues to refuse she might just be self-weaning :(

Randal Jean has turned in to a lil momma's girl as of late and developed a bit of separation anxiety. If she wakes up at night she will not be happy unless I am there and she likes for me to be in her sight. The girl can be perfectly content in her exersaucer while I am doing things in the living room but the second I step in to the bedroom she starts to complain. Lovely, I know. I probably shouldn't enjoy her attachment so much but I do. Being a working mom (ugh...I could totally go off here) I was scared that she wouldn't even know who I am so its nice to know she knows exactly who her momma is :)

Oh and because we are so slack in taking pictures of our beautiful baby girl (ha!) we took her to UNC-W the other night for some "official" 6 months pics. Our friends Carlie and Leah came along too to help us get some family shots. Thanks girls!

1 comment: