Saturday, January 7, 2012

Matt's Masterpiece and Baby Update

We've been in crazy baby prep mode around here with Tilley's arrival just days away!!!  But before I get on to that I was told that I MUST blog about Matt's masterpiece.

So here it goes....

We had planned on getting an old dresser from my parent's for Tilley's room and painting it white, but as it got closer to gettting said dresser down to Wilmington my mom said she really didn't think we were going to like it once we got it down here, but she had a solution :)  She had found a dresser with hutch that was already in Wilmington at a secondhand furniture shop that had just been marked down to $75 from $190 and that if we liked it she would buy it (thanks by the way!).  Matt went and checked it last Friday and decided it fit the bill.  On Saturday we had it at our house and Matt's work on his masterpiece began.  He took this dreadful looking dresser and hutch and painted it white with blue inlay on the drawers and backboard of the hutch.  He also switched out the hardware.  It is beautiful and looks like we (or my mom really) paid much more than $75 for it!!!  I'll be honest I was not sure if the blue was going to look right and fought off the urge to just tell Matt to paint it white when he told me his idea, but he is actually pretty good when it comes to seeing how things will turn out so I'm glad I didn't speak up and just let him do what he wanted.  Considering the blue paint took 5 coats I'm sure he wishes I spoke up, but the blue sure does look great.  Thanks babe!

Check out the before and after:
 Randal Jean enjoying one of the baby toys we have brought out of storage :)

 Now on to the baby update...

At this week's appointments my doctor confirmed that Tilley is already proving to be more difficult than Randal as she is in the head up (breech) position.  I had Matt come along with me to this appointment as I was almost certain this was the case and I knew that options would be discussed/decisions made.  We talked about what our options are to try and flip Tilley and what to do if she doesn't flip.  The option to medically flip Tilley to the head down position didn't seem to have that great of a benefit compared to the risk.  The option I was given if she stays head up is to have a scheduled c-section at 39 weeks.  Let me tell you I DO NOT want a c-section.  Totally against them unless medically necessary...which this one will/would be.  So unless Tilley flips on her own by the 39 week mark (Jan 20th) we will have a scheduled c-section.  Far from how I had envisioned this delivery, but if it gives me a healthy baby girl I am okay with it.  Also, if we do have the scheduled c-section it looks like all of our family will be here (including Uncle Kyle who lives in Jersey)...so for now I am praying that she flips on her own but also looking for all the positive things (like everyone being here) if I do have to go through with the c-section.  Prayers for her to flip please and if she doesn't please pray for a safe and successful c-section....and quick recovery :)

No comments:

Post a Comment