Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tilley Grey is here!!!!

Tilley Grey arrived Friday morning (the 20th) at 11:52AM.  She weighed in at 7lbs 9oz and measured 20in long.  We are so in love with her :)

As expected I had to have a c-section as Miss Tilley did not want to move head down.  The surgery went very well and the doctor said there was no reason Tilley didn't flip (ie short cord) other than she must be stubborn!!! Since I had a c-section we had to stay at the hospital 2 nights but were released before lunch on Sunday.

Surprisingly enough I am feeling much better after this birth than Randal's which is shocking to everyone I've told....but its true :)  I am still a bit slow to do anything involving my lower abs (ie standing up), but don't require assistance like I did the first 2 days post-surgery.

The hardest thing since bringing baby #2 home from the hospital hasn't been healing or taking care of a newborn (as it was with Randal) instead its been telling my first born that mommy can't hold her :(.  I can not lift anything heavier than the weight of Tilley for at least 4 weeks, yes 4 WEEKS!!! It really does break my heart, but Randal is taking everything in stride.  I'd say she might be a bit more challenging this week than usual as she adjusts but overall she is making out to be a fantastic big sister.  Just today after I was done nursing Tilley I put her in the bassinet so I could sit down on the couch and get some cuddle time with Randal Jean and Randal Jean would not have it that the baby be left in the bassinet...go figure!
 
Here are a couple of pictures of Tilley Grey...for more please go to my photography blog.



No comments:

Post a Comment