Sunday, January 24, 2010

Nursery Arts and Crafts

Before we knew we were having a girl I researched nursery themes, bedding, etc in order to get an idea of what I would want when we found out what we were having. It was clear at that time that boy or girl we would need to pour our own creativity in to the nursery to make it special for our child while incorporating our personal style. Randal's room, when complete, will have lots of personal touches from her mom and dad, family, and friends. All the little things are starting to come together and I hope to post next weekend a post regarding the complete nursery. One of the items I am most excited about is the art above her bed. I thought of the idea of a fish with bubbles coming out of its mouth spelling "Randal Jean," but I knew there was no way with my artistic abilities that I could pull it off. I told my mom my idea and being the wonderful mother (and artist) that she is she volunteered to bring my idea to life. Matt and I are absolutely in LOVE with how the fish and bubbles turned out. THANKS MOM!!!!!
PS- The pic makes it look like a mural but these are all painted wooden cut outs so in person there is a nice 3D effect.


1 comment:

  1. The nursery is lookin' good! Matt, you did a great job painting. Katie, your sewing skills are amazing! I am so excited I can hardly stand myself!

    ReplyDelete