Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Channeling Tim Gunn & Gretchen Wilson

 Tim Gunn & Gretchen Wilson in the same sentence, say what?

Life is crazy hectic around here, per the usual.  Between two full-time working parents, one parent studying for the CPA exam, another parent trying to launch her own business (stay tuned folks!), and the most adorably distracting 11 month old you have ever seen it is sometimes trying just to get the bare minimum done around here.

So while trying to get the necessities complete flashes of Tim Gunn and Gretchen Wilson pop in my head.  Are you ready for the explanation of this?

Well back in my TV watching days I loved me some Project Runway and ofcourse if you love the show you adore Tim Gunn.  Tim was always telling the contestants "make it work!"  MAKE IT WORK! has become my personal mantra as of late.

Now on to Gretchen.  Remember her song "Red Neck Woman"?  Well hopefully the title of the song doesn't explain the Gretchen half of this to you.  Hopefully.  In that song there was a line about "with a baby on my hip."  If I am getting anything done while at home before the hour of 7pm it is quite likely that I have my baby on my hip.

So there you have it....in this hectic life of mine I am always telling myself to "make it work" all the while with "a baby on my hip."


Photo from Lifetime.com
Photo from CMT.com

1 comment: