Sunday, April 3, 2011

Best Birthday Present EVER!!!

This year for my birthday day my entire family (husband, my side of the family, and in-laws) all got together and gave me a spot at a Tamara Lackey photography workshop.  Their gift absolutely blew me away.  Honest to goodness when Matt gave it to me I was more surprised than when he proposed...in all fairness I knew the proposal was coming.  You have to understand how much of a big deal Tamara Lackey is in the world of children's photography to really understand why this is such a big deal.  The woman literally wrote the book on photographing children.  She is brilliant, generous, talented, witty... the list goes on and on!

So I got this GREAT birthday present back in January and after a couple months of waiting attended the workshop in late March.  It was a two day intensive on taking pictures and running a photography business.  I can not wait to put everything I learned in to action and take this photography thing to the next level.

Thanks to all my family for the best birthday present EVER!!!!

Tamara and I :)

3 comments:

  1. So glad you enjoyed it! Looking forward to seeing you put it to work....you're off to a great start already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah so this is the new business you were talking about a while back. From what I've seen so far you're going to be very successful. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blake- You get an A+ on knowing The Bork Family Blog...I like how you put this post and an older one together!!!

    ReplyDelete