Thursday, October 11, 2012

"...she is fierce"

I have long had a favorite quote by George Washington Carver:

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these.
This quote had been tucked away in something old of my Pawpaw Till's (a bible maybe?) and my Uncle Steve found it some odd years ago and emailed it to all of us.  Aside from it being a great quote and summing up how I hope to live my life I like to think it gives me insight in to a man I didn't get the chance of knowing well.
Recently I have added another quote (or in this case a line) to my favorites.  It's a line from Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream:
And though she be but little, she is fierce.
It reminds me of Randal Jean's personality and to always foster her outgoing fearless personality even if it is very different from my own.  

I happened upon an Etsy shop, The Measure, a while ago and they had t-shirts with this quote on it and I knew I had to get Randal Jean one.  Little did I know these shirts were such a hot commodity and before I went back to purchase the tee they were sold out.  After months of waiting they finally had more in stock so I snatched one up for my fearless little girl before they were sold out yet again!

Randal Jean wore her "fierce" shirt while painting in the yard yesterday.  Here are a few pics from our afternoon painting in the backyard.

 
 


 
 
 
 
Tilley hung out on the swing while Randal Jean painted :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment