Saturday, May 1, 2010

Hierlooms

From what I've been told my dad's mother (my granny) was super excited to have a granddaughter and from what I can tell she expressed this by making me beautiful clothes until her passing when I was around 5 years old. My mother kept all the outfits safe in a cedar chest so that I would have them for my daughter. Literally half of Randal's closet are my clothes that Granny made. She can only wear a few of the items now and there is actually some dispute over whether she or my great Aunt made the yellow and white dresses but either way I am sure my granny would be super proud that her great granddaughter gets to wear these clothes.
And here is me wearing the some of the same outfits:

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad your mom kept those for you. I'm also proud that you can and want to use them. I hope all three of you can make it to Neeses for the family reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious pictures! I am so proud of you, Katie, for honoring family traditions. Your Granny surely did love you so very much -- everything that was handmade from her was made with lots of love.

    ReplyDelete