Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!!!

Happy Birthday Dad!!!  Randal Jean, Matt and I love you so much!

Your passion for food and cooking has certainly rubbed off on me.  You are the first person I want to call after I have had a good meal.  The first person I call when I need help with a recipe or need to figure out a replacement ingredient.  And you are the reason why I don't have a favorite restaurant....because you are the best chef I know.  Seriously, your shrimp and grits, brunswick stew, clam chowder, etc, etc, are the best in the world!!!

On a more serious note, Dad, I want to thank you for taking a more vested interest in yourself a few years ago and finally going to the dermatologist about some questionable spots and also kicking your smoking habit.  Since having Randal I have really thought about how lucky we are that your timing to finally agree and see a dermatologist (after much nagging I might add) was just in time that your cancer had not spread.  And what really makes me proud is that you put your pride aside and gave hypnosis a try and were able to quit a 30 (give or take) year smoking addiction cold turkey.  I don't think I have every really told you how PROUD I am of you for quitting, but I am overwhelming proud.  Taking a more vested interest in you ultimately means you are taking a more vested interest is us (your family) and are committed to celebrating as many birthdays with us as possible.  

Here's to you Dad!  I love you!
25 years ago at Hatteras
Present day helping his granddaughter walk

2 comments:

  1. I just want to know if you still have that shirt in the first picture, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pretty sure Rhonda threw it away thinking it was too small

    ReplyDelete