Wednesday, October 20, 2010

3 years!!!

Today is our 3 year wedding anniversary and my has time flown by!!!  This blog has been a bit sappy as of late so I will try not to get to gushy on all of you....if you want a lovey dovey anniversary post you can read last year's post.  For our three year anniversary I will take you all down memory lane :)

Matt and I met when we were sophomores in high school at the Kernersville Spring Folly.  Well, technically I met him on the way there....he was my ride.  Although I was 16 I didn't have my license yet, and he did so he took my friend, Sara Beth, and I to our annual town festival.  Matt's first car was a silver Sentra and it makes me laugh now to think back about that car.  If you now Matt, he is as far from a silver Sentra kinda guy as they come.  Anyways, that night I told my friend Sara Beth and thought I liked him. And so it begins....  Soon enough Matt's friend Sam got a hold of this information and told me Matt was interested too.  This was a TOTAL LIE!!!!  Sam told me that Matt was expecting a call from me and gave me his number.  Somewhere I got the nerve to call him and he totally was not expecting this.  Like I said, Sam lied...  That first phone call wasn't too eventful as I don't remember any of it, but I do remember thinking I was going to kill Sam next time I saw him.  

For almost a year Matt and I would hang out but nothing too serious as neither us could get on the same page about being in (or out) of a relationship at the same time.  In fact I remember one night before we were an official couple he was going through his phone and he told me that he had so many Katies in his phone (such the ladies man) that I was listed as "Matt's Katie."  For the record before this moment I was totally leaning towards the lets be a couple but as soon as I heard the possession in "Matt's Katie" I was done.  I had never had a real boyfriend before so to hear a guy call me his more than freaked me out!

Well I obviously gave in to being "Matt's Katie" or I wouldn't be writing this.  About a year after we met in March 2002 Matt and I became an official couple and although we have had our share of high and lows we haven't taken a break for a minute!!!

So that's how I came to be "Matt's Katie" and I am ever so proud to be his girl :)

Here's a look back at Matt and I through some pictures:

Prom 2002

Summer of 2002
 Summer of 2003
Christmas 2003
 Sometime during our sophomore year of college (2004/5)
Summer 2005 in NYC

Matt's graduation Dec. 2006
Engaged!!!! 
 MARRIED!  October 20th, 2007
Fishing in Hawaii on our Honeymoon

Reminding Matt who has caught the biggest fish...ME!
Just the two of us (2009)

Expecting (2010)
And 8 years after becoming a couple and being married for 3 of them
 we have started a family of our own




3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary Matt and Katie!!!! Thank you, Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary !! This is making both old Randys tear up at the OBX. Thank God only Jerry left and not the rest of gang.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary! love all y'all.

    ps thanks for including me in that one picture guys. means a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete