Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Till Family Reunion

This past Saturday was the Till family reunion at my cousin John's farm in South Carolina.  I always look forward to the family reunion as it is usually the only time of year I get to see most of Tills and plus the Till farm is amazing!

We had around 40 people in attendance this year representing 4 generations of Tills.  As always we had way too much food, but we all made sure that not a crumb of Aunt Pauline's caramel cake was left.  We also carved pumpkins, went on a hay ride around the farm, and reminisced about past reunions.  I think it is so neat to hear people from my parents generation talk about coming to reunions before they had kids and now they are showing up with their grandkids!  And better yet I like to hear my dad and his cousins talk about going to the farm when it was owned by their granddaddy (my great-grandfather) and all the memories they made there. 

So like I mentioned up top the Till farm is AMAZING.  I believe its around 1000 acres total with around 500 acres of corn and soy fields, has a large pond stocked with fish, and enough farm equipment to make boys young and old grin ear to ear.  Doesn't that sound great!  Not to wish time away or anything but I can't wait for Randal Jean to be a little older and get to help drive the tractors and look around in amazement at all the space to run free!  

I am so grateful that John and his wife Susan have kept of the tradition of hosting the Till family reunion and invite us back year after year.  The sense of family at the reunions is something that really can't be paralleled.

Below are lots of pictures...my only regret is not taking more pictures of our gorgeous surroundings and of all of the attendees (Randal always seems to steal the picture...)
Swinging
With cousin John
Carving pumpkins
With Uncle Riley
Everybody...I LOVE LOVE LOVE big families
My dad and his siblings
Riley and Kacie....photogenic as ever
Randal's first hay ride
View of the "pond" on the hay ride
Randal sleeping through her first hay ride
Our branch of the family tree....We missed you Uncle Tyler!
Kacie having fun on the swing
Outfit change after daddy spilled punch all over his girl
Tractor tires are great!
"Mom, I am done!"

No comments:

Post a Comment