Friday, September 21, 2012

Our Trip to Iron Station

Last weekend we took the girls to visit my grandparents in Iron Station.  It had been a while since they had seen the girls and I was beginning to miss them terribly myself so with my busy season ahead I knew we had to fit in a trip while we could.

We left Wilmington on Friday afternoon around 115 and didn't arrive at there house until 730...yep, over 6 hours later!!!!  It should have been a 4 hour trip!  That's traveling with an 8m old for ya.  Tilley was doing really well; however, her first breakdown ofcourse had to coincide with a conference call for Matt so I had to pull over to feed her, change her, play with her, etc. etc.  If it wasn't for Matt's conference call we probably would have powered through that breakdown.  Oh well....gotta do what you gotta do!  An hour later we were back on the road.  Tilley fell back asleep and Randal Jean watched The Wizard of Oz...all was right with the world until 530 hit.  It was time for Tilley's dinner and she was not letting us push her dinner so we went off course and went to Matt's brother's place in Charlotte to feed Tilley.  Uncle Kirk had a concert to go to so we only saw him for 10 minutes but Randal Jean had a good time sharing icee pops with his roommate, Mitchell.  After Tilley's dinner we were back on the road again and finally arrived safely at my grandparents.

Friday night we didn't get to do much as it was getting late for the young and old (and who am I kidding....6+ hours in the care wore me out too!). 

Saturday we spent the day playing in my grandpa's shop, out in the yard, and in my grandparents basement.  My grandma go to hold and love on Tilley all day while Randal Jean made great memories with her cousin, Houston.  My grandpa unfortunately wasn't feeling all that great for this trip either (remember the last trip) but no worries this was more of a bug nothing as serious as last time.  Despite not feeling well he still hung out where ever we were to soak in as much of her great-grandbabies as possible.

On Sunday morning we woke up and headed out to the Panther's game and if you have already read that post you know our drive home was much smoother :)

Enjoy these pictures from our time in Iron Station.

Randal Jean playing in my grandpa's shop.  I spent countless hours in the shop when I was little and hope my girls will get to make many fond memories there as well.
 Tilley on the work bench....no worries Matt is just out of the frame:)
 Randal Jean and Houston amusing themselves as Great-grandpa George looks on
 My great-aunt Faye came to visit us
 Grandma Jean getting her tan on, ha!
Love Love Love Love Love...all day long!
 Daddy and his baby
 Tilley and Houston
 Playing in the grass Eating the grass
 "This looks fun..."
 Uncle George with his mama!
 These next two pictures make my heart so very full
 


1 comment:

  1. So very special! My heart swells looking at these pics!��

    ReplyDelete