Sunday, September 27, 2009

Baby Bedding

In preparation for Randal's arrival I have purchased a sewing machine as I want to make lots of clothes and other cute things for her. One of the projects I plan on tackling is baby bedding. If you know me well you know I am a planner so before we knew that we were having a girl I searched the Internet for boy and girl bedding so I would at least know nursery colors early on. I found a really cute set for a boy but everything I found for a girl was way to frilly or if I liked it but it was way too expensive....did you know baby bedding can cost up to $1000?!?!?!

So in the search for the perfect bedding set I expanded my search to fabric stores in hopes to finding fabric that Matt and I could agree on. We found an adorable pink and blue fish pattern which will be main fabric and a red and pink stripe that can be used for accents.



I have a lot to learn before I tackle the task of making baby bedding. Luckily, I have a friend who is incredible at sewing all things "baby" and she has volunteered to show me the ropes of sewing as well as recommend a local sewing shop that has been willing to answer all of her questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment