Monday, September 7, 2009

Welcome to our blog!

Hello all~

Matt and I have started this blog to keep our family and friends near and far up to date on our lives. So what's going on in our lives?..... Well, as many of you know we are expecting our first child in late February. We are super excited and have lots to fill you in on :) So here are the updates on our baby thus far:

We had our first ultrasound at 7 weeks 5 days. We were able to see the heartbeat (amazing!!!) and the ob the was able to predict my due date to be Feb. 21. We have lots of birthday's around this time of year so he/she might be a perfect b-day present for someone. Below is a picture from this ultrasound. Matt affectionately referred to his son/daughter as a "blob" for the next few weeks after this.















We had another ultrasound at 10 weeks 4 days. It was amazing to see how much growth had taken place in such a short period of time. Matt stopped referring to his first child as a "blob" after this appointment as you could clearly see a profile. What was funny about this ultrasound was the baby was laying in an awkward position for the ultrasound tech to get her measurements so she kept shaking my belly and making me change positions. But do you think my baby moved? Nope, not one bit!!! I hope this doesn't mean he/she will be hard-headed like their dad. During this ultrasound we saw our baby "wave." I wish the ultrasound tech could have captured that picture, but oh well we were happy with the picture we had already.















Unfortunately we dont get anymore pictures until Sept. 25, but this is the appointment where we will try to determine if we are having a boy or a girl....this is if the baby cooperates which we know how well that went at the 10 week appt! In the mean time we've had appointments at 12 weeks and 16 weeks to listen the the heartbeat. The heartbeat was 166 bpm at 12 weeks and 150 bpm at 16 weeks. Below is a picture of me at 16 weeks. It doesnt look like I have much of a belly but believe me its growing!!! I had to give up buttoning my regular size pants at 10 weeks and I am slowly beginning not to be able to zip either! But thank goodness for bella bands. This is the best maternity product I've seen/used thus far. It allows me to continue wearing my normal pants without everyone knowing they're not buttoned (or zipped!).














So what else to fill you in on?.........Well, I guess some of you want to know how I've been feeling. Since I found out I was pregnant until now I have felt perfectly normal!!! Other than an earlier bedtime and a growing waistline I haven't experienced any of the "normal" pregnancy symptoms.


Also, this isn't only our first child but this will be the first niece/nephew, grandchild, and great-grandchild for our families. Hopefully, our child wont be too rotten as I'm sure everyone will not be able to resist spoiling him/her. Its been so great to see how excited everyone is; however, I am concerned that I might not get to hold my own child until they are a toddler as the grandmas and uncles have been calling dibs on who gets to keep the baby when. Our baby will be very lucky to have so much family near as two uncles live in Wilmington, one set of grandparents will live in Calabash, and my mom will be here during the week as "daycare." On a side note...DAD!! If you are reading this please move down here soon!

Okay, so I guess this was more like a chapter in a book not a blog post. Oh well!!! Please check back frequently as we will have more updates and things to share.

-Katie

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Katie and Matt! The blog is great! This will be a great way for us to share in your lives and keep up with what is going on. Thank you for including us. We're so happy all is going well. And we're looking forward to seeing yall in November! Keep the blog posts coming and we'll keep reading and looking for more pics! Katie, you will remember stories about Ben & Grey being the first "Till" grandchildren -- but we were lucky to have 2 babies for everyone to share/hold/spoil/play with!!! -- no fights over who got to hols "THE Baby." I know how excited both your families must be! We're excited, too!!! See yall soon! Love, Aunt Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went with Katie to her doctor's visit this past Friday and heard my grandbaby's heartbeat. That was a very precious moment.

    ReplyDelete