Sunday, September 27, 2009

Books for Randal

One of the things I look forward to the most is spending time reading to Randal. I know this is such an important thing to so with your child and also a great way to bond with them. I don't have too many memories of being a very small child; however, I do remember a few of the books my mom read to me and the time we spent reading them. Although she thinks all those nights reading weren't fruitful as I don't love to read like she does but I do remember and am thankful for all those nights that she read to me.

The first book for Randal was purchased by my mother very early on in my pregnancy. The book is my absolute favorite, "Love You Forever." The message of this book makes me cry as an adult (especially a pregnant hormonal one!), but as a child it just made me smile. So lets see if I make it through reading this to Randal for the first time without crying.
Recently my friend, Nicole, sent me a gift card to B&N so we could get started on adding to our book collection for Randal. The two books I bought are two that Matt and I remember being read to us when we were little. The book Matt remembers is "Brown Bear Brown Bear," and the one I remember is "The Big Hungry Bear." I guess we both liked books about bears :)

4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite things was reading to you and your brothers. I cried when I read this. I think I might be hormonal too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodnight Moon and Black Socks....Matt's other favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I think I remember you telling me how that book made you cry a long time ago...and it is so crazy that now you have a reason to read it all the time! I have to agree..those three books are possibly the best stories ever! So excited I now have the blog to follow and even more excited for the two of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guess I have to learn how to read now huh?

    ReplyDelete