Sunday, January 2, 2011

Feeling Old

Not much makes me feel old.  Even having my own child doesn't make me feel old.  But every year since I have moved away from home I am guaranteed to feel old when the Bernard family sends me their Christmas card.  I started babysitting for the Bernards when I was 13 (or there abouts) and their oldest was just a few months old.  Their oldest is now a beautiful 13 year old young lady...again, can I mention that I feel old.  

These girls are awesome and if I still lived back home I would certainly see them more often.  I feel like so much I know about handling children is because their parents trusted me to keep their girls.  I was joking with their mom over the holidays that her kids came when instructions in the form of notes and post its on taped to the kitchen cabinet.  My child didnt come with any!!! 

It was so much fun to take Randal Jean over to meet the girls while we were in town.  I loved seeing them pick her up and Randal crawl all over them.   


No comments:

Post a Comment