Saturday, January 1, 2011

First Christmas Reflections

Randal Jean's first Christmas was a total whirlwind.  In total she had 4 "Christmases" (in the gifting sense). She did really well and loved every minute...I will get to each of those in different posts, but wanted to reflect on some things that are unique for the first Christmas of a first born.

Randal Jean was with me for 100% of her Christmas shopping and had no idea what was going on.  She never questioned who the Little People Farmhouse was for when we added it to our cart at Target.  She never wanted me to get it out of the box as it set in the living room for weeks until I got around to wrapping it.  She acted surprised when I let her unwrap it on Christmas morning although she had been playing with the box for weeks.  And because she received all too much for Christmas she has no idea that I plan on giving it to her again for her birthday in two months....and she will probably act just as excited to unwrap it then.

Back to the whole getting to much notion.  Randal Jean is ROTTEN!  Not only is she our first child but she is the first niece, grandchild, great grandchild, etc, etc on both side of the family.  And believe me you could tell.  We all went a little overboard which is why I am not hesitating about re-wrapping the above mentioned farmhouse for her birthday.

All joking aside wrapping Randal's Christmas presents and labeling them "From: Mommy and Daddy" got to me.  Seriously on about the third present I wrapped for her I took a deep breath looked at those words "From: Mommy and Daddy" and shed a happy tear.  Its funny how occasionally the gravity of being a parent will just come out of nowhere and get you.  I loved this Christmas.  It was my favorite thus far and I am sure they will only get better and its all because from here on out I will get to write "From: Mommy and Daddy" on her gifts.

1 comment: