Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Randal Jean's 1st Birthday (Bday Post 1)

WARNING:  This string of birthday posts is long.  If you are at home I suggest you pop some popcorn and grab a drink.  If you are at work I suggest you hold off until your official lunch hour for this one.  Enjoy!

We had Randal's Jean's first birthday party this weekend at a local park.  We had such a great turn out of family and friends.  We are so lucky to have so many great people in our lives and in support of our family.

Leading up to the party was lots of preparation.  Paper goods, food, invites, favors....the list goes on and on.  Planning a kid's birthday party is no joke people!

So with all that prep work the party must have gone off with out a hitch, right?  Wrong.  No matter how much I planned, prepped, scheduled, labeled, directed, etc the one thing that was 100% out of my control was the weather.  The wind showed up early to the party and made its presence well known and before the party was over his best friend rain stopped by and cut the party about 45 mins short.  But back to the wind....I hate it.  I had so many decorations that didn't even make it out and others that were out but were too busy flailing in the  wind to live up to their potential.  I am trying really hard not to focus on what the wind took away from the party, but lets just say the vision of how things should have looked were not the way they looked at the party and that makes me sad.  But enough with that....I will now table my disappoint with the wind, because all and all the party was a hit.

So despite the fact that the party was far from what I pictured in the aesthetic sense it was better than I imagined in terms of everyone enjoying themselves.  And if a party isn't about enjoying yourself and those around you what is it about.  The adults had beer the kids had bubbles and everyone had a grand time.  I was talking to my friend Casey tonight and she said her daughter (who will appear in subsequent bday posts) keeps talking about how much fun she had at Randal's party....so again details and decor aside the party was a total hit :)

Lots and lots of bday posts below with TONS of pictures so for possibly the first time ever I am not posting a picture with a post (gasp!).

PS- Despite the fact that a quadzillion pictures were taken at the party we didn't manage to get a full picture of the dessert table or favor table on our camera nor many pictures of the adult attendees.  Lori, Christie, Nicole, anyone who had a camera...I would love it if you sent me any pictures you took at the party so I can fill in any gaps and put together an album.  Thanks!

PPS- I know for a fact no picture of my family of 3 was taken that day.  Carlie & Leah: You 2 + Your fave family of 3 EVER (right?!?) need another photo date soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment